Wow, what is today?

>> Thursday, December 4, 2008

Well it's already December 4th and I haven't gotten one Christmas present, I've never been this bad before at waiting till the last minute. I should be better this year because I may not have the last minute if the baby decides she wants to come early! We've just been so busy getting baby stuff together and we've been getting her room together (pictures will be coming soon) that Christmas has been on the back burner. I don't want this to happen cause it's my favorite holiday and I really like to think of why we celebrate it and take time to realize what God did for us - it should be a time to slow down and be grateful for what we have been given. Sometimes I just don't know how to slow down, but when I do get the chance to slow down every once in awhile it feels so good - I guess it's because I'm the type of person who always has something going on so it's rare when I get a break, but I enjoy it a lot more. Ok, so I just need to know that everything will get taken care of, I don't know why I'm not used to it, everything has always come together last minute for me. Poor Chris, he may not be used to this - but it's how my whole life has been, sorry, that may have been something that he wasn't grateful to have gotten when we got married. I'm listening to Christmas music right now and it always cheers me up and makes me happy - I can't wait till we put up our decorations, all the lights make me happy!! Maybe that will happen this weekend or early next week!

1 comments:

Steph Gentry December 5, 2008 at 8:02 AM  

I have barely gotten anything done. It hasn't felt like Christmas yet because we still haven't put up a tree or done much that's Christmasey. I did up my MySpace page and got a couple of ringtones/ringback tones for my phone. That's been about it. I am baking Christmas cookies this weekend and they have the mansion we had our reception at all decorated up and are inviting the public out for cider and hot chocolate and cookies. And we may be looking for a tree this weekend too. I'm excited. Last year, Delia didn't know what was going on and she still doesn't but she can at least interact more than sleeping or laying there in her Christmas dress. Oh and I think we'll be in the weekend of the 20th for Mike's family's Christmas. I miss you guys and hopefully we'll get to see you while we're in.