We weren't scared?

>> Wednesday, November 19, 2008

So, I go to the doctor today to see how the little one is progressing. It hit me a couple of days ago that in 3 weeks she will be full term and in 6 she is due. Just an excited panic moment! We have alot to do.

Ok so I had this conversation with my 4 year old nephew, Elijah, the other day. These are always great. He asked if the new baby would be scared of stuff - he asks questions about her all the time - but I was like what do you mean? He said will she be scared if something is to high, or what about fire, or several other things. I told him that she wouldn't know what scared was, she knows nothing about life and that's why we have to protect her from some things. Then I told him something that seemed to blow his mind, I said Elijah you weren't scared of anything when you were a baby either. I just thought of this cause I was reading Chris' blog about child-like faith and how we lose some of our faith when we become aware of our surroundings. Even at 4, that had already started to happen - though this was a good thing that Elijah knows that fire will burn you and not to touch it. But he couldn't fathom a time when he wasn't scared of it. I bet looking back on things I would be like that too. I also read Steven Furtick's blog which was on the same wave length as Chris and he was saying that earlier in life we would give whatever God asked, but now that we are aware of our surroundings it gets harder. That is definately true... in the next few months we are going to decide if I will be a stay at home mom or come back to work. The first thing I think about is our bills and our lifestyle and how it would all change. Which is smart, but other things are important to - like our child's well-being and the time I would get to spend with her when she actually wants to spend time with me. Both Chris and Steven's blogs really hit home with me so be sure to check them out!!

0 comments: